التخطي إلى المحتوى الرئيسي

Keeping Fit With Family

Keeping Fit With Family

Fitness Programs 
Fitness-Programs


Why is keeping fit so simple for my children, but a challenge for my husband and I? To my children, exercise means chasing each other, playing hide-and-go-seek, jumping and playing at the park. To kids, keeping fit is fun, as not much thought is put into exercise. Exercise means something altogether different to me.

When I was in college and throughout my 20s, fitness was a priority. Going to the gym was a regular habit, much like praying. Living in the city meant you walked everywhere. Healthy eating, which included Organic foods, was fairly easy to do. However, once I started having children, exercise became much more of a challenge. Many things can get in the way of it, such as family responsibilities, work and running a household. Now that I have hit 40 and my doctor wants to check my cholesterol, bone density, etc., exercise is a necessity.

Health and weight were never issues to think about years ago, but somehow the years have crept up quickly and I find myself realizing that exercise is more of a priority than ever. Finding the time is much more of a challenge. With three small children, it is difficult to just pack a bag and head to the gym. Constantly, I remind myself about the benefits of keeping fit. For instance, plenty of regular exercise will help me sleep better, move easier and keep my weight in check. Keeping fit with my body will also improve my mind and my thinking, having a better attitude and outlook on life is another benefit.

As I head back to the teaching world this coming August, I need to find blocks of time for keeping fit. I decided that I am going to buy those thick-soled shoes so I can walk for 20 minutes once I get up, then walk during my lunch hour. If I combine the exercise with some healthier food choices, than keeping fit should, once again, become an easy habit for me.

Once I am back in the habit of keeping fit, hopefully my husband will join me.



تعليقات

المشاركات الشائعة من هذه المدونة

Fitness Programs / Tips to Find Your Perfect Fitness Program

Tips to Find Your Perfect Fitness Program Fitness Programs Trying to find a fitness program to stick to is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. There are so many ways to get started, however when you factor in the boredom of doing the same thing over and over again people begin to lose interest quickly. However, there is some good news for those that are looking for a program that will keep you fit and keep you out of the boredom range as well. The word that we are looking for here is variety. There are a range of programs that you can put together that you can enjoy and not feel as you are obligated to do just because you have to. And since there are a variety of programs you can mix and match as you like, creating an outlet to have fun while you are working on your fitness level. Lets explore some the ways that you can create your own program. For starters if like to dance or like to be the adventurous type, you can take a dance class. There are a variety of ...

Fitness Programs / Become a Fitness Model - The Number 1 Fitness Model Program That Can Help You Pursue Your Dream

Become a Fitness Model - The Number 1 Fitness Model Program That Can Help You Pursue Your Dream Fitness Programs                                                                                                                                        Whether it is your dream to become a fitness model and appear on the cover of magazines, or you just want to have that sexy, tone body like the models, the fitness diet model program could be a perfect fit for you. Most of us are busy with work and responsibility and don't have enough time and energy to follow our dreams. But what does it take to become a fitness model and can you really get those se...

Fitness Programs / Fitness Training Programs

Fitness Training Programs Fitness Programs  Physical fitness is the condition of the human body when it is in perfect health. Being fit is very important to stay alert both physically and mentally and also to ward off certain diseases that attack the body ages . Fitness programs are schedules that allow a person to incorporate exercise into your daily routine. There may be many reasons to take a fitness program : to gain strength , lose weight, lose body fat , to fight against certain disabilities , or just to become more fit. Training fitness is to make stronger and fitter body. There are many types of training programs fitness : cardio , strength training , flexibility training , nutrition and weight control . All of these can be integrated into a program of unique fitness for a healthy body weight, improves the level of force , better coordination and an elastic body . Each depends on the type of body you have, and ...