التخطي إلى المحتوى الرئيسي

Keeping Fit With Family

Keeping Fit With Family

Fitness Programs 
Fitness-Programs


Why is keeping fit so simple for my children, but a challenge for my husband and I? To my children, exercise means chasing each other, playing hide-and-go-seek, jumping and playing at the park. To kids, keeping fit is fun, as not much thought is put into exercise. Exercise means something altogether different to me.

When I was in college and throughout my 20s, fitness was a priority. Going to the gym was a regular habit, much like praying. Living in the city meant you walked everywhere. Healthy eating, which included Organic foods, was fairly easy to do. However, once I started having children, exercise became much more of a challenge. Many things can get in the way of it, such as family responsibilities, work and running a household. Now that I have hit 40 and my doctor wants to check my cholesterol, bone density, etc., exercise is a necessity.

Health and weight were never issues to think about years ago, but somehow the years have crept up quickly and I find myself realizing that exercise is more of a priority than ever. Finding the time is much more of a challenge. With three small children, it is difficult to just pack a bag and head to the gym. Constantly, I remind myself about the benefits of keeping fit. For instance, plenty of regular exercise will help me sleep better, move easier and keep my weight in check. Keeping fit with my body will also improve my mind and my thinking, having a better attitude and outlook on life is another benefit.

As I head back to the teaching world this coming August, I need to find blocks of time for keeping fit. I decided that I am going to buy those thick-soled shoes so I can walk for 20 minutes once I get up, then walk during my lunch hour. If I combine the exercise with some healthier food choices, than keeping fit should, once again, become an easy habit for me.

Once I am back in the habit of keeping fit, hopefully my husband will join me.



تعليقات

المشاركات الشائعة من هذه المدونة

Fitness Programs / Tips to Find Your Perfect Fitness Program

Tips to Find Your Perfect Fitness Program Fitness Programs Trying to find a fitness program to stick to is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. There are so many ways to get started, however when you factor in the boredom of doing the same thing over and over again people begin to lose interest quickly. However, there is some good news for those that are looking for a program that will keep you fit and keep you out of the boredom range as well. The word that we are looking for here is variety. There are a range of programs that you can put together that you can enjoy and not feel as you are obligated to do just because you have to. And since there are a variety of programs you can mix and match as you like, creating an outlet to have fun while you are working on your fitness level. Lets explore some the ways that you can create your own program. For starters if like to dance or like to be the adventurous type, you can take a dance class. There are a variety of ...

Fitness Programs / Become a Fitness Model - The Number 1 Fitness Model Program That Can Help You Pursue Your Dream

Become a Fitness Model - The Number 1 Fitness Model Program That Can Help You Pursue Your Dream Fitness Programs                                                                                                                                        Whether it is your dream to become a fitness model and appear on the cover of magazines, or you just want to have that sexy, tone body like the models, the fitness diet model program could be a perfect fit for you. Most of us are busy with work and responsibility and don't have enough time and energy to follow our dreams. But what does it take to become a fitness model and can you really get those se...

Fitness Programs / 5 Elements For Your Fitness Routine

5 Elements For Your Fitness Routine Fitness Programs Your fitness routine needs to include five elements in order to be balanced: aerobic fitness, muscular fitness, stretching, core exercise and balance training. If you are just getting started with a fitness routine or if you have been following a routine but want to improve your results, all 5 of these elements need to be included so that you can optimize your results. 1-aerobic exercise: Aerobic ("requiring the presence of air") exercise is at the core of most fitness routines. The primary benefit of aerobics is that you can maximize the amount oxygen in your bloodstream. This occurs because you breathe faster and more deeply than during normal daily activities. Aerobic exercise will help to improve the efficiency at which your heart, lungs, and blood vessels transport oxygen throughout your body. Ultimately, this allows you to complete routine physical tasks more easily. During aerobic activity, your heart rate is ...